St. Mary's offers a number of courses, run throughout the year, which are aimed at encouraging Church Members to explore the Christian Faith and its implications for the whole of life. These courses allow exploration particular topics in more detail than can be done within Sunday services and House Groups.
Explore the various planned courses listed here:
- Christianity Explored
- Discipleship Explored
- Digging Deeper
- Marriage Course
- Parenting Course
Details of next Course awaited
- The theme in 2019 continues to dig into the Bible.
- The next session is on 26th January on the theme "Understanding and teaching the Bible. " This is a touring presentation at St. Mary's Church, Maidenhead, between 9.15 and 12.30 pm. This overview of the story of the Bible is thrilling and life-changing stuff - just ask anyone who's done a Bible overview before! Has new material for those who are already familiar with this picture.
- The second session is on 23rd February
- The third session is on 18th May.
- Sessions run from 9am-12.30pm and are held in the Hannen Room and start with tea and coffee and a breakfast. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information / to register interest.
What is the marriage course?
The Marriage Course is a series of seven sessions, designed to help couples invest in their relationship and build a strong marriage.
Nicky and Sila Lee, authors of The Marriage Book, developed The Marriage Course for couples looking for practical support to strengthen their relationship. The course is designed to help couples build strong foundations, learn to communicate more effectively and resolve differences well.
Who is it for?
The Marriage Course is for couples who are seeking to strengthen their relationship. Some couples do the course to intentionally invest in their relationship, others are looking to address more specific challenges. Either way, the course offers essential tools and practical ideas to help you build a relationship that lasts a lifetime.
The Marriage Course is based on Christian principles but designed for all couples with or without a church background.
What can you expect?
On the Marriage Course, you are seated at your own table for two. Each course is unique, but usually every session will include: food, a practical talk and a time for private discussion between you and your partner.
You never share anything about your relationship with anyone other than your partner. Background music ensures that you can chat in complete privacy.
Over seven sessions you will explore:·
- Building Strong Foundations - Learn to understand each other’s needs
- The Art of Communication - How to listen and communicate effective
- Resolving Conflict - Develop methods to resolve conflict and disagreements
- The Power of Forgiveness - Learn how to apologise and forgive as a couple
- The Impact of Family – Past and Present - Explore the impact of your family on your relationship
- Good Sex - Find ways to develop greater sexual intimacy
The course will run from Tuesday 23rd April into early May, to finish by the summer half term break.
Feel free to contact Salome Laschinger on 0118 940 6308 or email@example.com
Putting Parenting to Bed
A 3-week parenting course for mums, dads and single parents. Aimed at parents of preschool and primary aged children, this course looks at different aspects of parenting including: parenting pitfalls, communication, discipline, values and virtues.
Look out for dates of the next course or contact Camilla Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org)