Anyone living in the Parish of Wargrave with Knowl Hill (please see our Parish Map for its boundaries) is eligible to apply for baptism either for themselves as an adult, or for their child or children.
If you live outside the parish and don’t already attend one of our churches (St Peter‘s, Knowl Hill; St Mary's, Wargrave; St Paul’s, Warren Row) you would be expected to speak to your local parish church about baptism, so that you can be supported by your local church. We could only consider your request for baptism here if:
- you already had a regular pattern of attendance with us; or
- you were prepared to establish one; or
- you had past or current links with one of the churches; or
- you had a particular family connection with the parish.
Our baptisms normally take place in the context of a regular Sunday Service
- At St. Mary's Wargrave on the 2nd Sunday (Family Service) or the 4th Sunday (Morning Prayer) of the month at 10.30 am
- At St. Peter's Knowl Hill during any service of Holy Communion at 9.15 am
- At St. Paul's Warren Row during a service of Holy Communion (Book of Common Prayer) at 9.15 am on the 2nd Sunday.
If you would like your baby, toddler or child baptized or would like to receive adult baptism yourself, we require you to attend one of our churches regularly for a minimum of three months beforehand.
We would count it a great privilege to explore baptism with you; so do come along on a Sunday and introduce yourself to the clergy and we will arrange to meet up with you to explain about the meaning and importance of baptism.
Some people wish to celebrate the birth of a child and give thanks for a new arrival, but would prefer to delay baptism until the child has grown up and can make its own decision; or perhaps you are not yet able to make the promises which occur in a service of baptism or to speak of a personal belief and trust in God. If this is your position at the moment we can offer a Service of Thanksgiving for the Birth of a Child, or a Service of Thanksgiving after Adoption.
If you want to follow up on any of these opportunities we offer, please contact the Vicar.